HE is pursuing YOU

The 23rd Psalm tell us that "The Lord is my shepherd........ surely,  goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life....."


I recently sat in a church service where the preacher (whom i myself had never heard before but was highly regarded) said; "I stopped the praise team at our church from singing a song about God "running after me"......(he said) "GOD DOESN'T RUN AFTER YOU!!"


This has bothered me ever since. Because EVERYTHING in my Bible and personal life tells the EXACT opposite. From Genesis to Revelation....

From God asking Adam and Eve "where are you?"

To Jesus actually COMING TO EARTH and sacrificing Himself and He Himself said "I've come to seek and to save the lost!!!"

He goes after the ONE SHEEP!!

God Pursues Me!!! He Pursues YOU!  To pursue is to RUN AFTER to capture... and in this case .. capture our hearts!! He is MADLY in love with us!! When in love,  what do we do?? "pursue."

HEAR ME ON THIS.....

GOD DOES RUN AFTER YOU!! HE'S RUNNING RIGHT AFTER YOUR VERY HEART!! 

So remember this.... just because someone speaks with authority,  doesn't mean they are right. Just because someone stands boldly behind a pulpit and are esteemed by others doesn't mean they are speaking on Christ's authority!!!

Test what they say against scripture. Look at the the fruit. Pray. The devil himself knows scripture too!!!


May you lay down your life,  surrender and let Jesus capture your heart!!! He is running after your very soul!!Goodness Of God by Jenn Johnson


Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures.

He leads me beside still waters.

He restores my soul.

He leads me in paths of righteousness

for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil,

for you are with me;

your rod and your staff,

they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me

in the presence of my enemies;

you anoint my head with oil;

my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me

all the days of my life,

and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord

    forever.




Comments