The Name

Power.  We all want it. 

What's that you say? "No I don't, not me!" You say humbly...

Yes, you do. It's not a bad thing. It CAN be, but only because the wicked have used it for bad things. 

However, wanting the power and control over making your own decisions about your life, your children's lives, your home, what you'll wear, eat, drive.... We all want power over those things, and that's not a bad thing! That's a human thing. A human right. So when I say we all want it, we do.  It's just that some want more than their fair share. Some want to have power OVER you and yours. That's what most of us have a problem with. 

In these uncertain times of ours, it's easy to see that struggle more than ever. There is a mighty power struggle going on for our very lives. Our sanity. Our souls. And yes, it's a spiritual battle showing up all around us in the physical and mental. 

Hear me on this, REALLY hear me; we have a Power, as Christians that goes above and beyond any government, force of nature, or any evil presence in the entire world. 

Through the years I've led youth groups. One night years ago, someone brought the subject of ghosts up. As we talked and the subject took all kinds of different twists and turns (as things always seem to do when you're having a discussion with a group of teenagers), the one thing I told them that I wanted them to remember is that there is power in the name of Jesus!
That the Bible tells us that in the name of Jesus evil has to go!

Quite some time after this night I received a series of texts from one of the young men that was there that night. 

He had encountered something where he was living with roommates, that was demonic. He said at first he was so scared he did nothing, but then, when he looked right past this demonic being, his eyes landed on the Bible I had given him and he remembered something I had said. 
He said he looked right at "it" and said "In the Name of Jesus, get out!"
The being talked back and said "He has no authority here!"
The young man didn't give up; "I said in the Name of Jesus Christ leave!!!"

His next text to me said "and you know what Julie? It left!!! Just like that!!  I'm going to be moving now though. lol"

There 👏 is 👏 power 👏 in 👏 the 👏 Name 👏 of 👏 Jesus 👏 Christ 👏 👏👏👏!!!!

Yeshua!!!! (The actual Hebrew name for God's son, Whom we call Jesus!)


If you know my story at all, you know there have been times I've called on the Name of Jesus and miraculous things have happened!  I'm a living testimony to this!

There 👏 is 👏 power 👏 in 👏 the 👏 Name 👏 of 👏 Jesus 👏 Christ 👏 👏👏👏!!!!

Yeshua!!!!

There was once a story we had only read about, and then a few years later, we were at a birthday party for a neighbor's little boy and actually met the family from the story. Their little girl was in their waist high fenced in yard when a man dressed as a woman lifted her over the fence and put her in his car. 
The little girl, having been taught right by her Christian parents, started calling on the Name of Jesus. "Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!
She just repeated over and over and kicked at the door. The guy was got so flustered , he was unable to overpower a little girl enough to get her into the car all the way and in the meantime, hearing her screaming out the name of Jesus and seeing the commotion, neighbors started to come out of their homes.  In the end the little girl was rescued and the perpetrator was nabbed! I remember watching this little girl play with my kids with tears in my eyes knowing;

There 👏 is 👏 power 👏 in 👏 the 👏 Name 👏 of 👏 Jesus 👏 Christ 👏 👏👏👏!!!!

YESHUA!!!

A thought came to mind the other night, that I believe was straight from God. I was thinking about all of the chaos in our world, thinking about all the lies, the hatefulness, the...... words. It's messy. I feel messy. I know we all do  And I felt like God was telling me "you know what to do!"

Suddenly I wanted to just shout:

 "Jessuuuss!!!"  "YESHUA!!!!"

And I don't mean as a cuss word. I mean just call out to Him loudly and boldly! 

And the next thing that came to my mind was;

2 Chronicles 7:14

14 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

And here's where I personally think it gets exciting. The Bible tells me in Romans 8:26 that if we don't know exactly what to pray, that He will do it for us just by hearing the groanings of our hearts. 

There 👏 is 👏 power 👏 in 👏 the 👏 Name 👏 of 👏 Jesus 👏 Christ 👏 👏👏👏!!!!

YESHUA! YESHUA! YESHUA!!!!!!!

What if we got CRAZY!? What if we just all started saying, whispering, SHOUTING out the Name of Jesus throughout our day with this in mind....

Simply whisper "Yeshua" over our children as they leave for school?
Say it Outloud when we feel weary, scared or anxious. 

SPEAK HIS NAME!!

Speaking His Name... Scares away evil.... 
Speaking His Name brings healing! 
Speaking His Name brings Rescue!

SPEAK HIS NAME!!! 

JESUS!!!! YESHUA!!!!!

There 👏 is 👏 power 👏 in 👏 the 👏 Name 👏 of 👏 Jesus 👏 Christ 👏 👏👏👏!!!!

Will you join me??

Comments